Thursday, March 22, 2012

First Words

I will be blunt with myself. I have not been writing much lately. Hopefully, this blog will change that. There are two major undertakings happening next month, Script Frenzy and NaPoWriMo. The first of these is Script Frenzy, a venture from the Office of Letters and Light, the same organization that sponsors my favorite writing challenge, NaNoWriMo (The National Novel Writing Month) which I participate in every November. The goal of Script Frenzy is to write 100 pages of a script in 30 days, from April 1 to April 30. This will be the first year I will be attempting to complete Script Frenzy and also the first time I will be trying to write a script. I have always been more of a novel person.

The second challenge is the National Poetry Writing Month. This was influenced by NaNoWriMo, but is not actually related. This challenge is to write 30 poems in the Month of April, one every day. This will also be my first year taking the NaPoWriMo challenge, but I am at least familiar with poetry writing. This blog will primarily be dedicated to my poems during the challenge, although I will also be updating status on Script Frenzy and other writings. While I still prefer novels, writing of any form is beneficial and enjoyable, so this next month should be quite interesting.

I do not as of yet have any plans as to what I want to write about for either challenge. For novels, I tend to gravitate towards fantasy which does not always play well in other forms of writing. The script will be the most difficult for me to come up with a plot for. As for the 30 days of poetry, I am leaning towards creating a single epic poem, split into thirty individual parts. This would be the first epic poem I have tried, so if I go that route it could be quite interesting. Only time will tell, and until then, 10 days left until this madness begins.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Westover, you've given yourself a lot of work by undertaking both. I was thinking of doing the same. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete