Saturday, March 24, 2012

Beginning Doubts

As I further prepare for NaPoWriMo and Script Frenzy I have started creating outlines and potential plot points, but the more I flesh them out the less happy I am. I have all but decided to completely scrap my earlier poetry of a prophet idea, but none of the other ideas I have come up with so far have gained any ground in my thinking. Right now the idea I am running with is animal poetry, as if the animals had traditional 'human' style lives. Sort of similar to David Sedaris' Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary Still working out details of what animals to use and what they will do if I go this route. Alternative ideas include poems based on books, a different book for each of the 30 poems, or perhaps poems describing everyday items as seen through the eyes of an archaeologist, studying our culture millenniums from now. Actually, that last idea could also work for my screenplay for Script Frenzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment