Tuesday, April 3, 2012

NaPoWriMo Day 3 - Damsel in Distress

Damsel in Distress

He rode from town to town,
steel armor shining bright
in service of the royal crown
this great and virtuous knight.
When asked about his noble quest,
"I seek a damsel in distress"

In the first town to which he rode
there stood a man, wrinkled and old
patching a hole in his tiny abode.
"Sir knight, if I could be so bold
I need your help, I must confess"
"No, I seek a damsel in distress"

The next town over he did find
a small boy with a bloody shirt.
"Sir if you could be so kind,
a ride back home, since I'm hurt."
"Sorry, but forward I must press
for I seek a damsel in distress"

A third town lay over the ridge
the only thing left in his way
a raging river and wooden bridge.
He heard a loud frantic neigh
a mule by the current oppressed"
"Nay, I seek a damsel in distress.

Past the town, a desert without end
filled with snakes and storms of sand
his shield useless, unable to defend
but in the distance, to lend a hand,
mule, man, and boy, I do confess
come to save a knight in distress

No comments:

Post a Comment